Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I Tried! Honest!
Finished up my summer Italian course last week (allora posso parlare un po' del Italiano!), and now I can begin client hunting and working full-time on my comics. Fun! The above image, however, was not so fun, sadly. Y'see, I figured it would be a good idea to integrate linework into my digital painting process, and I wanted to experiment with a greyscale underpainting like so many other digital painters do. ...Seven hours of pain ensued. On the bright side, I finally found some use for a few custom brushes that were laying dormant, as can be seen in the background tiles and smoke, and in a few places on the hat and skin.
In other news, I've decided to take a stab at things and make myself available for private commissions. My pricing structure is currently posted at my DeviantArt page, and will be added to the contact portion of my portfolio site later this week.