It's been a while since I posted something, but I'm too tired to scan in my recent sketchbook pages. Instead, here's some lighting practice (sans reflected lighting. Shhh...) that I did a few minutes ago with my current brush loadout. Most were rendered with custom brushes I made with either Photoshop's standard round brush or ink marks, washes, and splatters that I scanned in from a mangled piece of bristol board. The balls labeled "Ditlev's" and "Yumedust's" were made with custom brushes courtesy of Ditlev and Yumedust, respectively. The one labeled "signature," if not immediately clear, was made with a stamp brush I use for...well, my signature. On stuff. ...Yep.
Tomorrow I'll have an honest update with those sketchbook pages I hinted at earlier.