Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wondercon 2k10 Retrospective


It might have just been me, but it seemed like there were quite a bit more people attending Wondercon this year than the last. Regardless, I met a number of friendly folks at the Artist-Writer "Speed Dating" event - which had substantially more writers than artists, surprisingly - got to attend some excellent drawing and animation demos, and had the pleasure of watching one of my brothers wander about in awe at the sheer volume of stuff. All in all, 'twas a right good time.

The sketches above were drawn while at the con, while the head at the lower left corner was done on the BART train. I tried to do some gesture studies as well, but failed miserably. Those two scribbled masses at the upper left were the only ones that were spared my eraser's wrath, but they aren't depicting figures in movement, and are thus gesture in name only. How do you animators do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment